- 1 1/ 4 cups (180 g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (180 g) rolled oats
- 1/ 4 cup (80 g) almonds, finely chopped
- 1/ 4 cup (70 g) pecans, finely chopped
- 1/ 4 cup (30 g) shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3/ 4 cup (180 ml) rice bran syrup
- 125 g butter
- 1/ 2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/ 4 cup (60 ml) rice bran syrup
- 40 g butter, cubed and softened
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 x 125 g punnets blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 20 x 30 cm Swiss roll pan with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the oats, almonds, pecans, coconut and pumpkin and sunflower seeds and stir to combine. Melt the rice bran syrup and butter together in a small saucepan and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using wet hands or the back of a spoon, press half of the oat mixture into the base of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile to make the filling, combine the rice bran syrup, butter, lemon zest and juice, flour, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Add the blueberries and stir to combine.
- Spread the filling over the cooled base to cover completely. Scatter knobs the remaining oat mixture all over the top. Bake for a further 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and the filling begins to bubble through the topping.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. Slice into twelve even sized bars.
- Recipe sourced from Australian Blueberries.