Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 8 slices from a sourdough French stick
- 60ml olive oil
- 200g mixed mushrooms (buttons, flat, shiitake, shimeji & king oyster mushroom), stems removed
- 200g-frisée salad white part only washed well and dried.
- 1 tbs chopped fresh herbs, (like parsley and chives)
- 1 french shallot, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, soft boiled, peeled
- Parmesan, shaved, to serve
- 60g freshly grated Parmesan
- 40g mascarpone
- 100g poring cream
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 egg
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 20ml sherry vinegar
- 60ml canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- For the parmesan royale; Preheat the oven at 95°C fan forced. Mix all the ingredients together, season with salt and pepper. Strain through a fine sieve. Pour two tablespoon of the royale in your serving bowl, it should be a small deep bowl. Cook for about 20-30 minutes or until set like a crème brulée, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase the oven to at 160°C fan forced. Brush both sides bread with a little of the olive oil and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside to cool.
- For the vinaigrette; Whisk the mustard and vinegar together until well combined, Add oil slowly, whisking to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with paper towel, and slice the mushrooms. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the mushrooms until nicely caramelised, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a bowl. Combine the salad, chopped herbs and French shallot, pour over the vinaigrette and toss well.
- To serve, pile the mushroom and salad onto the parmesan royale, break the soft boiled egg in half and place ontop of the salad with shaved parmesan and croutons.