Enjoy as an occasional treat. A culinary triumph that even the youngest cook can take credit for (with a bit of help from mum). Simply assemble and enjoy!
- Ready to bake short crust pastry tart base
- 1 carton low fat custard (preferably banana flavoured)
- 3 bananas, not too ripe
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam.
- Bake the tart base as per the instructions. Let cool and fill with custard.
- Peel and cut bananas into thin slices. Arrange these in an overlapping spiral pattern, starting at the centre, to cover the tart. Sprinkle lemon juice over the bananas to stop them going brown.
- Gently heat apricot jam in a saucepan with a dash of water until liquid and gently brush over bananas to create a glaze. Serve chilled with reduced fat cream or ice cream.