Cook time: 30 – 40 min
Preparation time: 20 min
- 500g Truss tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 – 2 sheets short crust pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup feta
- 500g zucchini
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the minced garlic, finely chopped basil, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice zucchini into 1/8 inch slices and tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Place on a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess moisture. Set aside.
- Press pastry into large tart tin and brush lightly with basil-garlic oil and sprinkle on all of the parmesan cheese.
- Starting on the outside edge, layer the zucchini and tomato slices alternately in a circular pattern – be sure to tightly layer them against each other as they will shrink once baked. Continue until the entire tart shell is filled.
- Brush vegetables generously with with basil-garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until the tomatoes and zucchini are soft and lightly caramelised.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and fresh basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip: Try to leave the bigger slices of zucchini and tomato for the outside circle and small slices for the inner circles.