Blush® tomatoes have led the success of snacking tomatoes in Australia.
Snacking tomatoes are a fun and flavoursome way to add a burst of nutrients to your day.
Bite-sized and full of taste, snacking tomatoes are a delicious addition to salads, sandwiches and the school lunch box. They live up to their name as a quick, tasty and healthy snack.
Production fact #1
Tomatoes are highly nutritious and full of antioxidants.
Production fact #2
During warmer seasons, the tomato plants are watered up to 40 times a day and in colder seasons around 20 times daily.
Production fact #3
After flowering, tomatoes require 50 to 60 days to reach fruit maturity.
More tomato facts
- High in lycopene, an antioxidant linked to heart health and its role in reducing the instance of many chronic diseases including prostate, breast and other cancers
- Packed with phytonutrients that help regulate blood fats and platelets
- Rich in Vitamin A and C, and calcium, which helps with iron absorption and improves skin, bone, hair, muscle and teeth health
High source of folate which can protect against osteoporosis and anaemia
- Fat and cholesterol free
- Contains Vitamin E, which helps blood transport oxygen around the body and can protect against heart disease
- Contains B vitamins, which give the body energy to fuel the development of muscle tissue
- Contains fibre, which helps maintain a healthy digestive system
Snacking tomatoes are perfect as a healthy snack for children and adults alike.
A great choice for lunch boxes, salads and sandwiches, as a pizza topper or an on-the-go treat.
Whether tossed through a salad with fresh basil leaves, added to a savoury tart, or as a simple healthy snack, tomatoes are a versatile addition to any kitchen.
We’ve gathered our favourite tomato recipes to share with you.