Costa Care is a culture initiative that sits at the heart of everything we do at Costa. It is built on our existing Costa culture — passion and care for our outstanding people, our safe and nutritious food production and thriving partnerships with our local communities and environments.
Care for each other
People are the heart of Costa and our long-standing philosophy of ‘People First’ is underpinned by our core values of determination, sincerity, accountability, respect and passion.We recognise our people deserve a workplace that respects and recognises their basic human rights, is both safe and healthy, promotes diversity and provides opportunity for career advancement and training, while ensuring they are appropriately rewarded for their efforts.
Care for our Produce
Costa’s ‘Well Grown’ produce is the core of our business and we take pride in being industry leaders by producing safe, quality and nutritious fresh produce. Our farms and those of our caring partner grower networks are located right across this country as well as overseas.
Care for our Communities
Costa operates in many different rural and regional communities across Australia and in China and Morocco. We are actively involved in supporting the social fabric of these communities and our commitment is to work closely with communities so they can benefit economically and socially from our ongoing presence. With our range of fresh produce we also have a unique opportunity to engage with our communities to promote healthy eating and living.
We are committed to ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of all our workers and visitors through the provision of comprehensive safety systems. We believe, through care for one another and a passion for safety excellence, we can achieve a culture where:
- Teams of employees feel ownership for safety, and take responsibility for themselves and for others.
- People do not accept low standards and risk-taking.
- Everyone believes that true improvement can only be achieved as a group.
Costa is an agriculture leader in workplace health and safety with a vision which is embedded in every aspect of our business under our three pillars of safety:
- To Protect
- To Improve culture
- To be the best.
Health and Wellbeing
Costa’s Health and Wellbeing Policy is designed to:
- Support health and wellbeing including physical, mental and social
- Reduce stigma around mental health
- Provide a safe workplace for all employees, visitors and contractors
- Support continuous improvement in health and wellbeing
- Build knowledge and awareness of health and wellbeing issues and healthy lifestyle behaviours.