Costa Group Holdings Limited, Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of fresh fruit and vegetables, has released its 2022 Sustainability Report.
Our Report provides key data on our actions across our 10 Sustainable Commercial Farming principles and includes metrics relating to water use and water efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption and production.
For the first time, we have quantified our waste streams across our geographically diverse farming operations. This is a significant step towards our goal of minimising waste to landfill and creating a circular, closed loop waste management system.
Our Report also includes our actions in areas including biodiversity, community, workforce, climate change and production yield.
Key highlights include:
- Costa is a member of the Australian packaging Covenant Organisation and is on track to meet the 2025 targets.
- More than 60% of our waste is mulched, recycled or reused by third parties.
- Four sites producing solar energy including a new floating solar array.
- 437 tonnes of produce donated to Foodbank in 2022 – the equivalent of 862,600 meals.
- New technology for tree crop mapping and yield forecasting.
- Expansion of protected cropping.
- Irrigation sensing technology to optimise water use.
- Support and assistance for local communities.
Read our Sustainability Report 2022