Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 large red onions, cut into rounds
- 4 flat mushrooms, trimmed
- 100g Taleggio cheese, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup beetroot relish
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 40g mixed salad leaves
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high heat. Spray prosciutto and onions with oil. Barbecue prosciutto for 1 minute each side until golden, transfer to a plate. Barbecue onions 5-8 minutes or until tender, transfer to a plate. Spray mushrooms lightly with oil. Barbecue mushrooms stem side-up 4 minutes, turn over and barbecue 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn mushrooms over, top evenly with onions and cheese. Close barbecue hood (or cover mushrooms with an upturned roasting pan) cook 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted
- Combine beetroot relish and mayonnaise. Spread over bun bases. Top each with salad leaves, tomato slices, prosciutto and mushrooms. Season to taste and serve.
Tip: You can substitute Taleggio with any good melting cheese like Fontina, Edam or Gouda.