- 180 g good quality white chocolate
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3/ 4 cup (180 ml) cream
- 2 x 125 g punnets blueberries, plus extra to decorate
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the blueberry compote, combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat for 3–5 minutes, or until softened and syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- To make the mousse, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of almost simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together, until pale and creamy. Gradually pour in the melted chocolate, stirring constantly to combine.
- Whisk the cream and egg whites in separate bowls, using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream and then the whites through the chocolate mixture.
- To serve, spoon the compote into the base of four small serving glasses, top with mousse and a few fresh blueberries to decorate. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight to set.
Recipe sourced from Australian Blueberries. Click here for direct link to recipe