Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 x 250g ripe avocados, halved lengthways and deseeded
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Strawberries, halved, to serve
- 1 litre vanilla ice-cream
- 1 just-ripe avocado, halved lengthways
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/ 160ºC fan-forced.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl and add lemon juice.
- Using a stick blender, blend avocado until smooth (it is important to not have any lumps).
- Add sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour, baking powder and chocolate to avocados. Mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until just set. Allow brownie to cool completely in pan.
- Place ice-cream into a bowl and stand at room temperature until just softened.
- Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl; add lemon juice and mash until almost smooth.
- Stir avocado through ice-cream until just combined
- Spoon into an airtight container.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours or until ready to serve
Recipe sourced from Australian Avocados. Click here for direct link to recipe.