Serves: 2 loaves
Degree of difficulty: Low
- 200 grams of soft butter
- 1 1/3 cups of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tea spoons of almond extract
- 1/4 tea spoon of grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups of mashed banana
- 2/3 cup of coffee
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 2 cups of plain white flour
- 1/2 tea spoon of baking soda
- 3 tea spoons of baking powder
- 2 tea spoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tea spoons of ground nutmeg
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and other wet ingredients.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Grease two cake loaf tins.
- Bake at 180 C for 40-50 minutes.