Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 40g sachet fajita seasoning (see note)
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 700g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs pickled jalapeno chillies, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed to serve
- Chipotle mayonnaise and lemon wedges, to serve
- Mix lemon juice, fajita seasoning and 1 tbs oil together in a large bowl. Add mushrooms, toss to coat. Cover and set aside 10 minutes. Cook rice following absorption method on packet.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add mushrooms and cook 4-5 minutes until golden and tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining 1 tbs oil and onion to the pan, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms, remove from heat.
- Combine coriander, chillies and avocado in a bowl. Spread chipotle mayonnaise over each tortilla. Top each with a spoonful of rice, mushrooms and avocado mixture. Fold into quarters and serve with lemon wedges.
Tip: You can buy chipotle mayonnaise from specialty stores. Alternatively, make your own by stirring chipotle chillies into whole egg mayonnaise. For a reduced fat option, stir chipotle chillies into yoghurt.
Note – Fajita seasoning is a zesty blend of authentic Mexican seasonings, available from the spice section of the supermarket.