Cooking Time: 16 minutes
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 8 medium Portabella or 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1 small baguette, very thinly sliced
- 8 slices spicy pancetta
- 2 baby cos lettuce, halved lengthways
- 1 avocado, peeled & sliced
- 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled & halved
- 2/3 cup Caesar salad dressing (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
Caesar salad dressing
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup (160ml) light olive oil
- To make the dressing, place anchovy, garlic, mustard, lemon juice and egg yolk in a small food processor, process until well combined. With motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until the dressing is thick and pale. Taste and season with pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Using half the oil, brush both sides of the mushrooms and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, place on a baking tray. Use the remaining oil to brush both sides of the bread. Place the bread on another baking tray.
- Place the bread on the top shelf and mushrooms under and bake both for 8-10 minutes or until bread is golden and mushrooms tender.
- Cook the pancetta in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange lettuce, mushrooms, toasted baguette, pancetta, avocado and eggs on serving plates. Spoon over the dressing, sprinkle with parmesan, season with freshly ground pepper and serve.