Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (40cm long)
- 150g streaky bacon, chopped roughly
- 30g butter
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs
- 30g parmesan, grated finely
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan forced). Cut bread in half lengthways, set top aside for another use. Carefully scoop out and discard soft white bread from centre of loaf. Place bread base, cut-side up onto large flat baking tray.
- Cook bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat 4 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Increase heat to high, add butter and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until mushrooms are golden. Add Worcestershire sauce, toss to combine. Set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid from mushrooms. Place bacon and mushrooms onto bread base. Crack eggs over mushrooms. Bake 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season, sprinkle with parmesan and thyme, cut into pieces and serve.