Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons verjuice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, coarsely zested
- 125g raspberries
- 100g Persian feta, drained, crumbled
Salted candied walnuts
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
To make the candied walnuts
- Heat sugar in a medium, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook, tilting and swirling the pan occasionally, for 2–3 minutes or until sugar melts and a light caramel forms.
- Working quickly, remove pan and add walnuts, salt and chilli flakes.
- Carefully toss to cover nuts in caramel, and pour mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper and spread out using a wooden spoon.
- Allow to cool. Then using your hands to snap the caramel, separate the clusters.
To prepare salad,
- For the dressing, place the oil, verjuice, mustard and sugar in a small screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Shake well to combine.
- Place the spinach in a large bowl. Sprinkle over the chives, lemon zest, raspberries, candied walnuts and feta.
- Drizzle over ½ the dressing, serve immediately.
Note: For a simpler and quicker salad serve with plain walnuts rather than candied.
Recipe sourced from Fresh Aussie Raspberries and Blackberries. Click here for direct link to recipe