Cook time: 40 min
Preparation time: 15 min
- 750g assorted of fresh tomatoes (we have used Perino, Perino Gold and Cocktail Truss)
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 60g ground almonds
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ bunch thyme
- 80g butter
- 60g goats cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cover a 20cm oven proof dish with a light coat of butter. Leave the remainder of the butter out to soften to room temperature.
- Chop tomatoes in half, place in the baking dish and toss with 1 tsp sea salt and apple cider vinegar.
- In a separate bowl thoroughly mix the oats, ground almonds, grated parmesan, chopped thyme and the remaining sea salt.
- Dice the butter into cubes and work into the oat mixture, using your hands to mix until large crumbs are formed.
- Pour the crumble filling evenly over the tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, until the tomato juices are bubbling around the edges and the crumble is firm and browned.
- Serve while warm with a spoonful of goats cheese and garnish with a few thyme leaves.