Serves: 3 – 4 as a side
Preparation time: 20 min
- 1 x 250g punnet Cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 large red shallot, finely diced
- ½ bunch basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 160°C.
- Tear the ciabatta into bite sized pieces. Toss the bread in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and thyme.
- Lay the bread onto a lined tray and bake until crunchy, about 15 minutes.
- Make a dressing by whisking the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and shallots.
- Place the Cocktail tomatoes in the dressing to marinate.
- Once the bread is toasted, toss with the marinating Cocktail tomatoes.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Tip: To turn this dish into a canapé, simply slice the ciabatta thinly before toasting and serve the tomatoes on each slice.