Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 60g butter
- 200g Swiss brown, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms
- 2 x 100g punnets gourmet mushrooms, such as, shiitake, oyster, sliced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- ½ bunch kale, washed, leaves removed and chopped roughly
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped very fine
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 400g fine Italian ’00’ flour
- 4 eggs
- To make the ravioli filling; Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté 8 minutes until translucent. Set aside to cool, transfer to a bowl. Add remaining filling ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the ravioli pasta: On a clean surface, place flour in a mound and make a well in the centre. Add eggs and gently whisk with a fork, drawing in the flour as you go. Bring the dough together and knead for 5 minutes or until elastic and smooth. Sprinkle the dough with flour, wrap in plastic wrap and set aside for 20-30 minutes to rest.
- Set the pasta machine on the widest setting and flour the machine and dough well. Divide the dough into 4 portions and feed each portion through the machine by flattening it a little. Repeat 6 more times, folding the dough so it is the same width as the machine (at least 12cm). Continue to feed each dough narrowing the machine settings 1 notch at a time, until you reach the second last setting. The pasta should be about 1mm-thick.
- Place one prepared pasta sheet on a well-floured work surface. Place heaped teaspoons of filling on the sheet leaving a 2cm border around edges. Brush around the filling with water – this helps keep the ravioli sealed. Top with a second pasta sheet and press firmly around the filling to seal and remove air pockets. Cut between each mound of filling to form 7cm square ravioli or use a 6cm round pastry cutter to form round ravioli. Transfer the ravioli to a tray sprinkled heavily with semolina (you can use baking paper instead).
- Cook ravioli in batches of 10-12 for no longer than 4-5 minutes in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a greased tray, cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- To serve: Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan until sizzling, add mushrooms and sauté over high heat until just tender. Add kale, parsley and season well. Toss to combine. Spoon 5 ravioli into each serving bowl, top with and kale mixture. Drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil.