Serves: 4 – 6
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 400g button mushrooms, halved
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 1 cup rice and quinoa blend, rinsed
- 2 capsicums, quartered, seeded, chopped
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1cm wedges
- 375g tomato medley
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Place mushrooms and 1/4 cup salad dressing into a bowl, toss to coat. Cover and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes. Cook rice and quinoa following packet directions. Stir with a fork to separate grains then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan forced). Place capsicums and onions into a large greased roasting pan. Spoon over remaining 1 tbs salad dressing and season. Roast 15 minutes or until just tender. Add tomatoes and olives. Roast a further 5-8 minutes or until just warmed through. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Add rice and quinoa, mushrooms and parsley to roast vegetables, toss gently to combine. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, season to taste, serve.